Orange is the New Black '06

giants talk. whatever is in your head about 'em, blog it!

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Peer Pressure is a Bitch

The crew and I sat at sec 138 last night; chilly and windy enough to get your head cold. What are the odds? So it was routine, with the amount of beers we chugged and smuggled in the park, my cousin and I went to the bleacher bathroom and concession area; which many of you know where Morbitzer caught 715. While taking the innings piss, I heard Dave Flemming on the radio speaker about a Florida Homerun that Willingham hit. Buzzed as I was, I yelled out "we were right there!!". Bonds allegedly tried to play it off with a dramatic catch but then flipped it back to the crowd when it was offically ruled a homerun. When we got back to our seats, the rest of the crew were all hyped up saying that my other cousin caught the ball ...but then he threw it back to bonds.
When Bonds threw it back to the crowd, it rolled down to where we were sitting. My cousin hid it under his jacket for a brief moment but then showed the fans that he had it. Then EVERYONE around him were chanting "THROW IT BACK, THROW IT BACK!"...my cousin does not go to a lot of games and he thought everyone does it with a non giant homerun....so he threw it back and everyone cheered yet at the same time full of regret...it was the highlight of the game. Peer Pressure is a Bitch...

FINALLY saw a Bonds homerun. Even if it wasn't a milestone homerun, it still is, isn't it? I told everyone how I felt the emptiness inside of my SF Giant heart that out of all the games I've been to, no homerun. Until last night. Everyone was going crazy- I finally fulfilled my SF fantasy and witnessed a homerun by Bonds. We received a Commemorative Pin saying that "I witnessed Bonds HR"....very very very fun night.... something that I can share with for years and years to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home